Thursday, March 4, 2010

What is a Happiness Project?


The Happiness Project
Inspired by the book “The Happiness Project” by Gretchin Rubin, I am undertaking my own happiness project. The project is a year experiment to find out if one could in fact be happier. Following advice from scientific research, philosophers, my own ideas, general advice from friends, and anywhere I can find it. I will dedicate each month to a specific resolution that I believe will benefit my happiness. I want to focus every month on one thing, but also maintain the subject of my focus with me for the rest of my life, to remember it in my everyday. During the month I will post my experiences, misadventures and most importantly if these resolutions are having an effect on my happiness.

March: Discipline
-Keeping the promises i make to myself.
April: Creativity
-Learn to play the drums.
May: Laugh Out Loud
- Laugh more.
June: Be Generous
-Give
July: Do The New
-Try everything new,no excuses.
August: Find A Cause
-Find something im passionate about.
September: Say It Out Loud
-Therapy and counseling.
October: Friends & Family
-Be the flowers.
November: Mindfulness
-Imitate a spiritual master.
December: Slow Down
-Do one thing at a time.
January: TBA
February: TBA
March: TBA

"What you do everyday matters more than what you do once in a while."

What exactly is this project about? Well by all means I am nowhere near unhappy. On the contrary I have been called “overly optimistic” about everything in general. But have you ever thought about what will actually make you happy? I am usually in the position where I realize what I thought would make me happier, once i've acquired it, brings me less joy then I had anticipated. I find a small percentage of my time being spent on what i truly want to do. I am not sugesting some life altering process, i want to improve my life as is. I want to take my life seriously, but also less seriously, to focus on true satisfaction but also have time to wander and get lost,to play. Taking a little time to think about what will truly make you happier is the best gift to yourself and to everyone around you. Happy people make better friends, coworkers, parents, girlfriends/boyfriends, and are a joy to be around. So what about you? What do you think will make you happier? And most importantly what are you doing right now that’s taking away from spending more time on what you love to do, on what you always wanted to work on? What would you dedicate even a month to in your own happiness project?

According to Aristotle, "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existance."

1 comment:

  1. hey..i visit your blog..it's nice would you like to link exchange...then rply me................

    http://topfashionblog4pk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

blog catalog

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

on top seo

Web Directory
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our directory.

blogfarm

The Blog Farm